Mental Health First Aid – Open Course
We offer a number of regular open Mental Health First Aid courses, Nationally. The courses are from £225.00 per person plus VAT. Cost includes a light lunch and refreshments, all course materials and certificates.
Choose from the selections below and then select how many places you require.
After completing your purchase you will receive confirmation and course information.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe. You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
Upon successful completion of the training program and final assessment, Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
A theory based course over 12 hours, typically carried out over 2 consecutive days and all those attending will receive a nationally recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Each candidate will receive a copy of a ‘Adult MHFA Manual Two Day’ colour reference manual and a ‘Adult MHFA Workbook’ which are a clear, concise and valuable review tool for future reference.
The Training Co. is registered with the following Awarding Organisation to deliver this course:
Mental Health First Aid England
21 Prescot Strrt
Tel No. 020 3928 0760